Veritas NetBackup Appliances 2.7.x: Configuration and Management
Date: 30-03-2017 s/d 31-03-2017 | Category: Veritas : Data Protection | Instructor: -
The Veritas NetBackup Appliances 2.7.x: Configuration and Management course provides IT professionals with the skills necessary to configure and manage Veritas
NetBackup appliances. You will learn about the general tools and processes used when working with NetBackup appliances, such as the NetBackup Appliance Shell
Menu and the NetBackup Appliance Web Console, as well as configuration and maintenance tasks specific to the NetBackup 5240 and 5330 appliances. Additionally
this course explains the process of initial configuration,backup operations as they pertain to the appliance,monitoring, managing and troubleshooting a Veritas NetBackup Appliance environment.
An appendix is included for 5230 configuration and management.
Note: The scope of this course does NOT include general NetBackup concepts such as architecture in a NetBackup domain and backup policies.
For thisfoundational knowledge please see the Veritas NetBackup 7.7.x: Administration course.
Delivery Method Instructor-led Training (ILT)
Duration 2 days
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and describe each of the Veritas Appliance family models, software releases and the major features of each of those models.
- Describe the process of performing a basicconfiguration of the Appliance using the NetBackup Appliance Web Console and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu (CLISH).
- Describe backups and restores using an appliance and run reports from the NetBackup and Appliance interfaces.
- Review troubleshooting tools and identify troubleshooting resources.
- Describe the process of monitoring and managing the 5240 appliance using Veritas Remote Management (VRM) and the NetBackup Appliance Shell Menu CLISH).
- Describe the process of applying updates to the appliance software and the effects and options of performing a reset or a reimage and decommissioning an appliance.
- Identify common Appliance hardware faults or failures and management tasks for the appliance.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for Administrators, Operators, and other IT professionals who need to understand the general configuration, operations, monitoring and management concepts of a NetBackup Appliance.
Before attending this course, you should also have an understanding and working knowledge of networking fundamentals, storage fundamentals, Linux command fundamentals and general NetBackup concepts such as storage units and backup policies.
This course includes hands-on labs with a virtual appliance, demonstrations, and videos that enable you to run commands, view reports and observe procedures and begin to apply them in your working environment.