Veritas NetBackup 7.7.x Media Server Deduplication Pool
Date: 02-03-2017 s/d 03-03-2017 | Category: Veritas : Storage | Instructor: -
The Veritas NetBackup 7.7.x Media Server DeduplicationPool course is an advanced course designed for customers tasked with architecting, implementing,
backing up, restoring, maintaining and tuning MSDP.
This two-day, Instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to install, configure and tune MSDP using key logs and utilities.
Delivery Method Virtual Academy and Instructor-Led Training
Duration Two days
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and functionality of deduplication.
- Explain MSDP processing.
- Describe the NetBackup deduplication process flow.
- Understand the MSDP referencing model.
- Configure a media server for deduplication.
- Configure client‐side deduplication.
- Describe the MSDP catalog directory structure.
- Identify the changes to the MSDP shadow catalog.
- Describe the MSDP Reference Database (RefDB).
- Describe Deduplication Engine (spoold) RefDB processing.
- Describe CRQP activity.
- Describe MSDP data loss and storage leak concepts and explain the online data integrity checking.
- Troubleshoot MSDP‐related failures and list the log files that are useful in troubleshooting.
- Describe the process of client‐side image rebasing and server‐side image rebasing.
- Describe the PrefetchTraceLevel logging levels.
- Describe the MSDP upgrade and conversion process, and the related tools.
Who Should Attend
This advanced course is designed for customers.